About this course
This programme is validated by London South Bank University. The aims of the programme are to provide an academically based and intellectually demanding programme of study within the housing discipline. This will cover key aspects of housing policy, housing law and management and allow students to gain knowledge and skills relevant to the pursuit of a career in housing as well as having broader application.
In line with the requirements of the CIH, students who complete the programmes will have acquired both skills and an understanding of housing and society, and of the policy and economic context in which the new housing professional operates. Additionally, students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of issues related to customer service, managing staff and collaborative working.
Admission requirements include:
- One of the following Level 3 qualifications: BTEC L3 Extended/Diploma/Access to HE Diploma/1 A level or 2 AS levels.
- Work based qualifications will also need learners to be working in the relevant sector.
- Some courses will have specific entry requirements.
- Mature students who do not meet the entry criteria are encouraged to apply and will be considered on the basis of relevant work experience, passing the course entrance assessment and successful interview.
- If first language is not English, learners should have a minimum of 6.00 in IELTS for Foundation Degrees and 5.5 for Higher National Diplomas alongside a UK or equivalent international qualification.