About this course
This course is for those who are interested in gaining either an AS level or full A level in Chemistry. A level Chemistry is essential for students who are considering applying to University to study Medicine, Dentistry, or another type of medically related course. Students could continue your studies and gain entry to Higher Education or alternatively seek employment on a highly sought after A level leaver training scheme with a blue chip company. Chemistry is a highly valued qualification and A level students could opt to do a short period of volunteering or a work placement in a chemical industrial setting. This may lead to self-employment, freelancing or becoming an employer eventually. Students will learn in dedicated classrooms where there will be support on hand to help them through the course. The staff have high expectations of the students but also care about their well-being.
Admission requirements include:
- 5 GCSEs grade A* - C at first attempt, which must always include at least a grade C in English and maths, and a minimum grade B in one of the following or similar subjects: GCSE English literature, history, sociology, or psychology.
- All GCE A Level subjects require a grade B in relevant specific GCSEs.
- For STEM subjects, a double or triple science GCSE will be required at Grade B or above.
- A good reference may also be required.
- Overseas applicants without equivalent qualifications will be tested.
- Most subjects will require subject specific GCSEs and these will be specified at course level.
Let's see what you may also consider
University of BradfordUnited Kingdom