- 360 UCAS tariff points, depending on qualifications. Or BBB from 3 ‘A’ Levels.
- Reduced offers may be available to some applicants.
- 32 points, including 6 in all higher subjects.
- IT/numerate subjects only. IT (Software Development) preferred. Typical offers D*DD – D*D*D* to be considered on a case by case basis.
- GCSE English Language at grade C and Mathematics at grade C (or equivalents).
English Language Requirements:
- IELTS: 6.0 overall to include 6.0 in writing and 5.5. in all other components.
- PTE Academic: 58 overall with a minimum of 50 in each component.
In year one, you will study six core modules:
- Computation and reasoning
- Mathematics for computing
- Software engineering
- Systems architecture
- Programming in Java
- Business systems.
*All Computer Science courses at City share a common first year and students can select their final degree programme at the end of the final year.
- Human computer interaction
- Information technology for business
- Networks and operating systems
- Object-oriented analysis and design
- Professional development in IT
*In year two, full-time students take a further six core modules and undertake a project.
- Advanced databases
- Artificial intelligence
- Business engineering with ERP solutions
- Cognition and technologies
- Computer Vision
- Data visualisation
- IT security
- Project management
- Management of IT strategy
*In year three, full-time students take one core module in requirements engineering and may choose five elective modules from a list of over twenty. All Honours students undertake an individual project researching and developing systems in an area of their own specialist interest.
*Professional pathway students undertake IT work experience while studying part-time for Part Two and Three over three years.