Units covered are:
- Working with colleagues within the beauty-related industry
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication within the beauty-related industries
- Promote and sell products and services to clients
- Provide body massage
- Provide facial electrotherapy treatments
- Provide body electrotherapy treatments
Throughout the study programme you will be working with clients in our salons. You will be responsible for providing your own models in order to complete your assessments.
Every learner at Central Sussex College who is under 19 will undertake a personal Study Programme designed to develop them academically, practically and personally. Study Programmes contain 3 essential elements:
Subject Course – Vocational or chosen Academic subject, usually studied for 12 – 16 hours a week.
English and Maths – Every learner will work towards Level 2 English and Maths (C grade equivalent). Learners who have achieved a Grade C will extend their English and Maths.
3E – Our own brand of specific entrepreneurship, enterprise and employability training.
You will have specific time in your timetable for each of the three elements above and you will be expected to attend all elements throughout the year. Study programmes are designed to help you meet your maximum potential and progress to the next level of study of into work.