About this course
The BPP University GDL is designed to help you make a smooth transition from being a non-law graduate into a career in law. We don't just give you an excellent qualification, we give you an insight into life in practice, so you enter the next stage of your training more informed, more prepared and more effective, and able to demonstrate a higher competency when applying for training contracts and pupillages.
Once you have successfully completed your GDL exams, you have the opportunity to specialise or develop an understanding in alternative areas, take two extra modules and you could graduate with a Graduate LLB (Hons) awarded by BPP University. The Graduate Diploma in Law is awarded by BPP University and is validated by the Joint Academic Stage Board. When you have passed your GDL, you're guaranteed a place on our LPC, the next step to becoming a solicitor. Or you can apply for our BPTC, the next step to becoming a barrister.
- To apply for the MA (LPC with Business) you'll need to hold a minimum of one of the following:
- a qualifying law degree at grade 2.2 or above
- qualifying non-law degree at grade 2.2 above and a GDL, CPE or similar qualification such as CILEx
- If English is not your first language you will need to hold IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent.
- Please note we do not accept students with third class degrees onto the MA (LPC with Business).
- This programme is available exclusively to BPP LPC and BVC/BPTC graduates.