In order to begin this course you will need to have a keen interest in carpentry. Some evidence of studying at GCSE level or successful completion of an entry level qualification would be an advantage. Entry is also subject to a successful interview, where you will be asked to complete a skills assessment. You will need to achieve a certain level on this assessment; otherwise you will need to top-up your skills.
- Handling and storing resources
- Contributing to work relationships
- Preparation and use of portable power tools
- Maintenance and use of woodworking hand tools
- Using basic wood joining techniques
- Health and safety.