To begin this course you will need a Foundation Diploma in Art & Design, or a National Diploma in an Art & Design subject, or an equivalent Level 3 qualification, or relevant professional experience. Applicants from A-Level programmes displaying high levels of creativity will also be considered, as will mature students, who will be considered individually on experience rather than qualifications. Entry will also be subject to a successful interview, where you will be asked to present a portfolio of your creative work, including sketchbooks.
- Visual communication in art and design
- Ideas generation and development
- Contextual and cultural referencing
- Professional practice
- Jewellery, accessories and body adornment
- Product design
- Furniture design
- Specialist 3D technology and processes
- Ceramic design
- Interior design
- Properties of 3D materials
- Critical study in art and design
- Professional studies in art and design
- Site-specific art.