About this course
SHML, a registered Swiss company in the canton
of Bern, is Switzerland’s first Boutique Hotel
School that was conceptualized and developed
to prepare Students for a promising hospitality
career, based on the operating philosophies of
luxury International boutique hotels and resorts.
These hospitality jewels can be found throughout
the world, ranging from deluxe hotels to
exclusive suite resorts and are represented by
such famous companies as “The Leading Hotels
of the World”, “Relais et Châteaux” and
similarly renowned companies. Their common
denominator is “top drawer” ambiance, sustained
by a corresponding management approach
with superb guests’ service.
I.E.L.T.S. 5.0 or equivalent is required to study at SHML.Certificates and Diplomas programs
- An official copy of your High School Diploma, O – Level or equivalent. Students must have completed at least six (6) years of secondary education and provide evidence of it. Complete information of the school, including school transcript and/or certificate of public examination (including an explanatory note of the grading system) should be provided.
- If English is not your mother tongue or if you have not studied in an English speaking school for at least 3 years, please enclose one of the following:
– TOEFL: Minimum score of 500 points for the paper based test, 173 points for the computer based test and 61 on the internet-based test.
– Cambridge First Certificate: grade C
– I.E.L.T.S Students must apply to take the Academic Module examination and obtain a minimum overall band of 5.0
- If you do not meet the above English requirements, you have the possibility of registering on our English foundation program, to acquire the entry level for English.
- A valid medical certificate.