About this course
At the conclusion of the programme, students will be able to:
- Application of knowledge and practical skills and competencies required for successful supervisory roles within operational areas of an international hotel and tourism organisation.
- Examine the nature of hospitality and tourism management, the complexities of the commercial hospitality enterprise including consumer behaviour, people management and performance, entrepreneurship and finance management processes.
- Use conversational German language skills in an operational setting.
- Confidently differentiate concepts within financial control systems and information technology.
- Demonstrate hospitality and business management skills for successful supervisory roles within an international hotel and tourism management.
Bachelor Degree or a Postgraduate Diploma in any discipline, or have minimum of two years suitable experience in the hospitality and tourism industry and suitable academic qualifications.
Age requirements: 20 and above
Language proficiency: Required English level by interview / HTMi test or have TOEFL 513 or IELTS 5.5 or equivalent HTMi English Placement Test Score.
Prior work experience: None or two years minimum experience in the hospitality or tourism industry if not a degree or a postgraduate diploma holder.