About this course
At the conclusion of the programme, students will be able to:
- Combine an understanding of a range of practical, theoretical and personal skills required for professional management roles within a variety of international hotel and tourism organisations.
- Synthesise strategic, human resource and marketing processes of a commercial hospitality enterprise within the context of the global nature of the business.
- Cultivate a professional management attitude by nurturing corporate culture and social responsibility to add value to an organisation.
- Confidently debate, research and synthesise theories.
- Critically analyse different multilateral institutions and transnational organisations involved in international tourism management.
Higher Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism Management or equivalent.
Age requirements: 19 and above
Language proficiency: Required English level by interview / HTMi test or have TOEFL 550 or IELTS 6 or equivalent HTMi English Placement Test Score.
Prior work experience: 1 year, may include work placements/internships