About this course
The major in Communication & Public Relations is designed for those aspiring to positions in public relations, advertising, marketing and communication. Students not only learn the essentials of communication but gain the confidence and articulation necessary to become persuasive public speakers. The topics covered in this major include structuring public relations campaigns, ethics, media strategy and planning, organizational communication and oration in a variety of contexts.
Note: This programme is also offered on a part-time basis for a duration of 2 years.
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applications are considered on a rolling basis, applicants are evaluated on the strength of their applications as a whole and consideration is given to the students’ qualities and abilities: leadership potential, academic achievements, performance on standardized tests, extracurricular activities and other personal experiences.
Applicants must also meet two of the following:
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A satisfactory score on the GMAT or GRE
- 2+ years of professional work experience (may include military service)
- An interview with the Dean
Proof of English fluency:
- TOEFL score 213 (computer-based), 80 (internet-based);
- IELTS 6.0;
- CAE C;
- PTE 54;
- English native or equivalent.