About this course
The Master Programme in Biology offers many alternative course combinations, and you can choose from a number of specialisations that prepare you for research or professions outside the university. You can also choose to take courses outside your own specialisation which are:
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Ecology and Conservation
- Environmental Toxicology
- Erasmus Mundus Master Programme in Evolution Biology (MEME)
- Evolutionary Biology
- Genetic and Molecular Plant Science
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Limnology – Ecology and Environment of Inland Waters
- NABIS – Nordic Master in Biodiversity and Systematics
The subjects for the spesialisations are different so contact University for the complete information about subjects.
- A bachelor degree, equivalent to a Swedish degree of at least 180 credits (i.e. three years of full-time studies).
- The degree must include 40 weeks of full-time studies (60 credits) in Biology plus 20 weeks of full-time studies (30 credits) in Chemistry.
- Proof of skills in English to a level corresponding to English B in the Swedish secondary school. This is normally attested by means of an internationally recognised test with the following minimum scores:
- IELTS: an overall mark of 6.5 and no section below 5.5
- TOEFL: Paper-based: Score of 4.5 (scale 1-6) in written test and a total score of 575. Internet-based: Score of 20 (scale 0-30) in written test and a total score of 90