- Ranked 76 The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2013-2014
- Ranked 7 2014 QS University Rankings: Asia
- Ranked 61 The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2014-2015
- Ranked 39 QS World University Rankings 2014
- Ranked 41 QS World University Rankings 2013
- Ranked 13 QS World University Rankings 2015
- Ranked 55 The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015-2016
- Ranked 4 QS University Rankings: Asia 2015
- Ranked 11 QS World University Rankings 2018
- Ranked 1 QS University Rankings: Asia 2018
|Setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- NTU's main 200-ha garden campus including 16 halls of residence for undergraduates and a graduate hall at the Youth Olympic Village of the inaugural Youth Olympic Games in August 2010. Besides the Yunnan Garden campus, NTU has another campus called NTU one-north which is located next to the Biopolis, Singapore's biomedical research hub, and Fusionopolis, a new epicentre of engineering and physical sciences.
- The university has colleges of Engineering, Business, Science, Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences, and an Interdisciplinary Graduate School. It also has a medical school, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, set up jointly with Imperial College London.
Yunnan Campus is about 5km from Singapore's western coastline. The university is flanked by the PIE to the south and Jalan Bahar to the east. There are two entrances, the Jalan Bahar entrance and the Pioneer North entrance. The nearest train stations to NTU are Boon Lay (EW27) and Pioneer (EW28) on the East West Line operated by SMRT Corporation. From Boon Lay station, make your way to the adjacent bus interchange. Services 179 & 199 will take you in to NTU. From Pioneer station, hop on the free shuttle bus service 'D' which stops in front of Blk 649A. If you are coming from Changi Airport and are travelling light, you can get on at Changi Airport (CG2), transfer at Tanah Merah (EW4) and take the train all the way to Boon Lay or Pioneer station. The journey takes just over an hour.
Two public buses ply from the Boon Lay bus interchange to the campus, they are SBS bus service no. 179, 179A and 199. Each goes round the campus in a separate loop, starting and ending at the Boon Lay bus interchange.
- NTU has 16 Halls of Residence, each with a capacity of between 500 & 652 residents. All halls are co-ed by floor or wing and offer single and double occupancy rooms. Double rooms are shared by residents of the same gender. Rooms are fully furnished. The halls of residence offer similarly styled accommodation. With the exception of Halls 1 & 2 which offer shared suite-style attached shower and toilets, all halls have gender specific communal showers and toilets. All rooms at Halls 3, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16 are fitted with air-conditioners on a pay-for-use basis. Every hall has communal facilities like television rooms, air-conditioned reading rooms, kitchenettes and laundry rooms with washing machines.
- International students are advised to make arrangements for housing before they depart for Singapore. Besides on-campus housing, NTU students live off-campus in student hostels or rent rooms in private homes nearby.
- Faculty Housing consists of five clusters made up of apartment blocks, maisonettes, semi-detached houses and bungalows. All the faculty housing are surrounded by beautiful greenery, and each cluster has its own exclusive setting and view. There is a wide variety of housing types consisting of 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, 3 bedroom and duplex units. The floor areas range from 55 sqm to 200 sqm.
- Faculty housing is strategically located in five areas on the Yunnan Garden Campus, namely Nanyang Circle, Nanyang Terrace, Nanyang View, Nanyang Meadows and Nanyang Heights. Faculty members can ride on the free NTU shuttle bus and/or public buses within the campus to their schools, departments or centres. Nearby amenities include Jurong Point Shopping Centre, J-cube and tourist attractions such as Chinese Garden, Japanese Garden and Science Centre etc.
Courses available 10Applied and Pure Sciences 1 Architecture, Building & Planning 1 Computer Science and IT 1 Creative Arts & Design 3 Engineering 3 Mass Communication & Media 4
Be the first one!