Tuition fee (local)
Contact the university / college
Tuition fee (foreign)
- An undergraduate Nursing degree, or other undergraduate degree assessed as relevant by the Nursing Postgraduate Programme Committee, conferred by a New Zealand tertiary education institution with at least a B average in their grades for the final year, or
- A qualification approved as equivalent by the Nursing Postgraduate Programme Committee
- Applicants who have not gained a relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification may submit a portfolio for informal transfer of credit and, if the application is successful, may be admitted on an ad eundum statum basis.
In addition to the above criteria, applicants must
- Meet any pre-requisites for specific modules, and
- Hold a current New Zealand Practising Certificate as a Registered Nurse, or
- An international candidate must be a New Zealand registered nurse and comply with 1.1 within these regulations
- Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 7.0 across all bands; or equivalent. The language assessment must be less than two years old at the time of application, and
- within the past five years, must have completed 6 months of post registration clinical experience and be employed for a minimum of 16 hours per week.
This programme consists of four modules
- two core modules and
- two practise modules covering a range of advanced speciality practice areas