About this course
This two-year qualification provides students with the core knowledge and practical skills required for the industry in any of the following fields - power, telecommunications, computer networks, automation, industrial measurement and control and electronic engineering. Students will study a combination of compulsory and elective modules such as power systems, power engineering, electrical machines, automation, industrial measurement and control and electronic engineering. Students will learn in a brand new, purpose built trades and engineering facility on the Rotokauri Campus. This facility will provide learning opportunities that even better reflects industry standards and uses the latest techniques and technologies.
Admission requirements include:
- A minimum of 48 NCEA credits at Level 2 in four subjects, including at least 12 credits in mathematics, and
- 8 literacy credits, 4 reading and 4 writing.
- Or an equivalent qualification
- Candidates who do not meet the specified entry requirements may be considered for provisional entry (if aged under 20). These candidates may be required to demonstrate an ability to successfully complete the programme through an interview.
- Special admission may be granted to candidates aged 20 years or over who do not meet the specified entry requirements. These candidates may be required to demonstrate an ability to successfully complete the programme through a process of an interview and / or assessment.
- Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test Score (IELTS) of 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in the written band.
Let's see what you may also consider
Otago PolytechnicNew Zealand