About this course
Wintec’s New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Civil) (Level 6) is a qualification that has been developed in close consultation with industry players. This means that the programme is designed to provide students with the civil engineering knowledge and skills required to meet the needs of industry. This two year programme will provide students with the practical skills and knowledge for working in the design and construction of engineering works, such as roads, bridges, water supply plants, drains, harbour and marine works, sewage disposal facilities and other structures.
Admission requirements include:
- A minimum of 48 NCEA credits at Level 2 in four subjects, including at least 12 credits in mathematics, and
- 8 literacy credits, 4 reading and 4 writing
- Or an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates who do not meet the specified entry requirements may be considered for provisional entry (if aged under 20). These candidates may be required to demonstrate an ability to successfully complete the programme through an interview.
- Special admission may be granted to candidates aged 20 years or over who do not meet the specified entry requirements. These candidates may be required to demonstrate an ability to successfully complete the programme through a process of an interview and / or assessment.
- Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.0, with no individual band score lower than 5.5; or equivalent.