About this course
This programme is for those who want to pursue a career in Accounting, Business, Management, Marketing, Finance or Human Resources. The New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 6) will give students a nationally recognised qualification in two years of full-time study. Part time study is also available. From this diploma, students can continue to study towards the Bachelor of Business Studies. This diploma (with selected modules) also satisfies the academic criteria for entry to the NZICA College of Accounting Technicians. This programme also allows you to enrol concurrently in and study both the Certificate in Advanced English (Level 4) and the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 6) within two and a half years.
Admission requirements include:
- a minimum of 14 numeracy credits at level 1 or higher in Mathematics or Pangarau on the Directory of Assessment Standards; and
- 50 credits at level 2 or above with at least 12 credits in each of three subjects including a minimum of 8 literacy credits at level 2 or higher in English or te Reo Māori selected from the approved schedule of achievement and unit standards for University Entrance; of which 4 credits must be in reading, and 4 credits must be in writing; or
- Equivalent to the above; or
- New Zealand University Entrance.
Candidates who have English as a second language are required to:
- have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.0, with no individual band score lower than 5.5; or equivalent; or
- have completed two years study at a New Zealand secondary school and achieved either NCEA Level 3, or New Zealand University Entrance, or both.