Admission requirements include:
- a minimum of 14 numeracy credits at level 1 or higher in Mathematics or Pangarau on the Directory of Assessment Standards; and
- 50 credits at level 2 or above with at least 12 credits in each of three subjects including a minimum of 8 literacy credits at level 2 or higher in English or te Reo Māori selected from the approved schedule of achievement and unit standards for University Entrance; of which 4 credits must be in reading, and 4 credits must be in writing; or
- Equivalent to the above; or
- New Zealand University Entrance.
Candidates who have English as a second language are required to:
- have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.0, with no individual band score lower than 5.5; or equivalent; or
- have completed two years study at a New Zealand secondary school and achieved either NCEA Level 3, or New Zealand University Entrance, or both.
- Accounting Principles
- Introduction to Commercial Law
- The Economic Environment
- Organisation and Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Business Computing
- Business Communication
Students will also learn skills and knowledge surrounding English language for academic purposes and everyday use, grammar, reading, writing, listening and speaking.