About this course
The National Diploma in Construction Management (Level 6) is designed for students who are interested in planning, organising and supervising building construction and maintenance work. It is particularly suited to students who have already obtained an Advanced Trade Certificate. This programme will equip students, under appropriate supervision, to act as a Construction Management Technician on small to medium scale building projects. After an additional period of suitable experience, students will be able to extend your work to include larger and more complex building projects.
Admission requirements include:
- 12 credits at NCEA Level 2 in at least three subjects (preferably including Maths and Physics). or equivalent,or
- 35 credits at Level 2 or above from the Maths and / or Science subfields of the National Qualifications Framework,or
- A minimum of five unit standards from the Mathematics subfield at Level 2 including one unit standard in each of the algebra and trigonometry domains,or
- Approved subjects from the Certificate in Technology (Level 4)
- Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.0, with no individual band score lower than 5.5; or equivalent.
- Special admission may be granted to candidates aged 20 years or over who do not meet the specified entry requirements. These candidates may be required to demonstrate an ability to successfully complete the programme through a process of an interview and / or assessment.
Let's see what you may also consider
Otago PolytechnicNew Zealand