Tuition fee (local)
Contact the university / college
Tuition fee (foreign)
Admission requirements include:
- Corresponding Bachelor with Honours degree, or
- Postgraduate Diploma with a minimum of a B grade average or equivalent, or
- Work-related experience equivalent to a corresponding Bachelor with Honours degree. Candidates will be required to demonstrate a high order of knowledge of their principal subject of study, including analytic writing, or
- Tertiary qualification (degree or diploma) completed in no less than three years, and have achieved sufficient standing as a practising artist, designer or musician. The Media Arts Postgraduate Programme Committee will determine whether the work submitted by applicant candidate in support of their application is of a standard equivalent to Bachelor with Honours degree level. Candidates will also be required to submit a curriculum vitae confirming they have achieved a substantial record of exhibitions, publications or performance in public venues or formats; or have gained professional experience, demonstrating advanced knowledge or performance, in their chosen specialisation, or
- A corresponding Bachelor degree and have completed four or more years of successful art, design or music teaching at tertiary or secondary level. Every candidate will be required to present a synopsis of their proposed research project for consideration and approval by the Media Arts Postgraduate Programme Committee. Candidates will be required to meet with potential supervisors to discuss their proposed project. Candidates will be required to study a pre-requisite course in Research Methodology prior to admission, should they not be able to demonstrate having acquired research skills to the appropriate level.
- Any applicant for the Master of Arts who is not a previous graduate of Wintec's Bachelor of Media Arts Honours programme will be required to submit a portfolio of recent work which demonstrates the nature and quality of their practice.
- All application documentation submitted for assessment must be in English
- Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.5, with no individual band score lower than 6.0; or equivalent.
Students taking this programme will have only one module:
- Research Project