About this course
This Graduate Certificate qualification has been designed by the industry for the industry. It aims to provide graduates with the theoretical and applied knowledge and skills in sport management necessary to perform as an effective sport management professional/practitioner within a variety of sport environments. This programme is suitable for those who may already work in the sport industry and want to strengthen their management skills or for those who may have a generic business or sport qualification and want to learn how to apply it into a sport management setting. Whatever background a student hails from, the Graduate Diploma in Sport Management will give he or she the qualification to advance your career in the sport industry.
Admission requirements include:
- Have gained a degree conferred by a New Zealand tertiary education institution, or
- Qualification Authority (NZQA) recognised degree from an overseas tertiary instituti on, or
- Demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the Head of School/Centre Director, or authorised nominee, equivalent practical, professional or educational experience of an appropriate kind.
- Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.0, with no individual band score lower than 5.5; or equivalent
- Special admission may be granted to applicants aged 20 years or over that do not meet the specified entry requirements. These candidates may be required to demonstrate an ability to successfully complete the programme through a process of an interview and/or assessment.