About this course
This Diploma programme includes animal husbandry and management as well as companion animal studies to provide students with the skills required for employment in veterinary practices. The Diploma in Veterinary Nursing is a programme designed to build on the knowledge and skills gained in the Certificate of Veteriniary Nursing Level 5 and to allow students to progress to more responsible veterinary nursing positions.
Admission requirements include:
- Preference will be given to candidates who have have gained the Certificate in Veterinary Nursing Level 5 with a B- (60%) average or higher, or a qualification deemed equivalent by the Head of School or designated nominee.
- Candidates may be required to attend an interview and take part in a selection process which may include a Study Skills Assessment.
- To meet legal and health requirements must be physically able to carry out the practical components of the programme.
- Special admission may be granted to candidates aged 20 years or over who do not meet the specified entry requirements. These candidates may be required to demonstrate an ability to successfully complete the programme through a process of an interview and / or assessment.
- Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.0, with no individual band lower than 5.5; or equivalent.