About this course
This programme is suitable for students who want to work whether as part of a team or individually, indoors or out. Studying landscape with Wintec will provide students with the work skills and job opportunities in any situation, to start a successful career as a landscape designer or contractor. This two-year course teaches students the applied skills of landscape design and construction in a purpose-built studio right in the hear of Hamilton Gardens.
Admission requirements include:
- 12 credits at NCEA Level 2, in two subjects and either, and
- 12 credits at NCEA Level 1, in English, or
- Equivalent qualification, and
- Have gained the following unit standards 6400, 6401, 6402, 497, or
- Enrolment in the following co-requisite entry courses: first aid, workplace health and safety, plant identification, plant pests and diseases and introduction to landscape
- It is recommended that candidates who do not meet the entry criteria complete the National Certificate in Horticulture (Level 2) or Unit standards, qualifications and/or have relevant industry experience based on evidence supplied.
- To meet legal and health requirements, candidates must be physically able to carry out the practical components of the programme some of which include decking, fencing, use of power-tools etc.
- IELTS 6.0, with no individual band score of lower than 5.5; or equivalent
Let's see what you may also consider
Otago PolytechnicNew Zealand