About this course
The art of the Interior Designer is the ability to creatively combine inspired thinking and technical components to transform interior spaces to enhance lifestyles. This is a practical course aimed at developing students' abilities in interior design from conceptual stages through to fully resolved interior proposals. Students will learn current industry skills from practicing interior designers and have access to the latest industry technology. Students will also use manual and technical drawing as well as digital programmes to produce Colour and 3-dimensional sample boards. On some projects, students will work collaboratively with actual clients on real projects.
Admission requirements include:
- 14 credits at NCEA Level 3 in each of 3 subjects or equivalent, or
- 48 credits at NCEA Level 2 across four subjects (including English and/or Mathematics, Practical Art, Technology or Design) or equivalent, or
- Successfully completed the Certificate in Media Arts programme, or equivalent
- Special admission may be granted to candidates aged 20 years or over who do not meet the specified entry requirements. These candidates may be required to demonstrate an ability to successfully complete the programme.
- Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.0, with no individual band score lower than 5.5; or equivalent.