About this course
This programme equips students with the knowledge and skills necessary to enter the exciting industry of fashion design. During this two year full-time programme, students will gain knowledge about all aspects of fashion design, from fashion design technology skill and production, through to high-end research and production of fashion products. The practical emphasis of the programme ensures that students will gain knowledge of all aspects of business processes for entry into the fashion design industry and will ready you with a thorough understanding of the current fashion climate.
Admission requirements include:
- 14 credits at NCEA level 3 in each of three subjects, or
- 48 credits at NCEA level 2 across four subjects (preferably including English and / or Mathematics, Practical Arts, Technology or Design), or
- completed University Entrance, or
- completed Year 12 (Sixth Form) Certificate in at least two subjects (preferably including English and/or Mathematics, Practical Art, Technology or Design), or
- successfully completed the Certificate in Media Arts (Level 4) programme (formerly known as the Introductory Certificate in Media Arts), or
- Equivalent qualification
- Special admission may be granted to candidates aged 20 years or over that do not meet the specified entry requirements. These candidates may be required to demonstrate an ability to successfully complete the programme through a process of an interview and / or assessment.
- Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.0, with no individual band score lower than 5.5; or equivalent.