About this course
Students who would like to be at the leading edge of beauty, body and spa treatments are suitable to take this programme. Students will learn skills that will take them all over the world and open up career options from television and film to international spa work and make-up and nail artistry. The Diploma in Beauty, Body and Spa Therapies (Level 5) will equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge to pursue a career in the dynamic beauty, body and spa industries. Students will learn in Wintec’s state of the art training facilities, where you will gain practical skills with real clients. Students will study anatomy and physiology for beauty therapy, the practical skills and knowledge for beauty and body therapy, as well as customer service, communication and small business management skills.
Admission requirements include:
- 48 credits at NCEA Level 2 in four subjects preferably including English and Science, or
- National Certificate in Cosmetology (Level 3), or
- Certificate in Beautician and Nail Technology (Level 4), or
- National Certificate in Beauty Services (Beautician) (Level 4), or
- National Certificate in Beauty Services (Nail Technology) (Level 4), or
- Equivalent qualification
- Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.0, with no individual band score lower than 5.5; or equivalent.
- Candidates who do not meet the specified entry requirements may be considered for provisional entry (if aged under 20) or special admission (if aged 20 or over). These candidates may be required to demonstrate an ability to successfully complete the programme through a process of an interview and / or assessment.