About this course
This programme provides students with the opportunity to build knowledge, skills and experience in educational research. It includes a 60-point dissertation on a research area of interest, and courses are available in a range of delivery modes.
In order to be admitted to the Education specialisation in the Master of Professional Studies programme, you need to have completed the requirements for either:
- a four-year bachelors degree
- a bachelors (honours) degree
- a bachelors degree and a professional qualification in Education equivalent to one year’s advanced study
In addition, you must have at least three years of teaching experience.
- 30 points from EDCURRIC 716, EDUC 735, 787, EDPRAC 751, EDPROFST 754, 757
- 60 points from EDPROFST 793 Dissertation, EDCURRIC 797 Dissertation, EDPROFM 797 Dissertation
- 30 points from courses relevant to the area of study from EDUC 700-764, 776, 777, 787, 791, EDCURRIC 700, 702-706, 708, 714-718, 720, 724, 728, 729, 740, 750, 760, 763, 791, EDPRAC 750, 751, 752, EDPROFST 700-708, 714-757, 760-779, 782-788, EDPROFM 700, 701, 702, or other 700 level courses in another subject relevant to the area of study
The approval of the Heads of all Departments in which a student applies to enrol is required.
Note: Enrolment is expected to be continuous, but where enrolments include 15 point courses a period of up to 4 years is permitted for completion.