About this course
This programme (MProfAcctg) is a a professional coursework masters programme that will equip students with relevant knowledge and skills, preparing them to qualify as chartered accountants or certified practising accountants. Areas which are focused on include business, accounting, finance, commercial law and taxation.
Minimum requirements listed here are the likely grades required and do not guarantee entry. The university assesses each application individually and applicants may require a higher grade to be offered a place.
University of Auckland
- Completed BCom or a non-business degree with a GPA of 5.0 in a relevant discipline such as arts, engineering, technology, or science (Taught 240 points)
Another tertiary institution
- Completed an undergraduate degree in business or a non-business degree with a GPE of 5.0 in a relevant discipline such as arts, engineering, technology, or science (Taught 240 points)
Programme-specific entry requirements for postgraduate applicants with international qualifications:
- GPE: 5
- Australia (%): Credit average
- China (%): 985/211: 75-80% or Non985/211: 80-85%
- India (%): First Class
- Indonesia (GPA): 3.0
- Iran (Grade Average): 14.0
- Malaysia (GPA): 3.0
- Singapore (GPA): 3.5
- South Pacific-USP (GPA): 3.0
- Taiwan (%): 75%
- Thailand (GPA): 3.0
- UK (%): 2.1 Honours
- USA (GPA): 3.0
- Vietnam (GPA): 7.0
English language requirements
- IELTS Academic Score: 6.5 with no bands less than 6.0
The MProfAcctg is an 18-month, 240-point programme studied over six quarters. You will study core business courses before continuing on to study a set of specialised accounting and related courses.
You will also complete four professional development modules as an important component of your degree. These will equip you with the professional skills that you will need to enhance your employability and success in the business world.