About this course
This programme is designed to kick-start careers in management for students who have undergraduate degrees in a non-business discipline or business degrees in an unrelated field. Students can expect to develop business-focused capabilities such as a strong set of professional skills, as well as practical knowledge and skills in a specialisation chosen from Accounting, Business, International Business or Marketing.
Minimum requirements listed here are the likely grades required and do not guarantee entry. The university assesses each application individually and applicants may require a higher grade to be offered a place.
University of Auckland
- Completed a BCom or a non-business degree with a GPA of 5.0 in a relevant discipline such as arts, engineering, technology, or science (Taught 180 points)
Another tertiary institution
- Completed an undergraduate degree or a non-business degree with a GPE of 5.0 in a relevant discipline such as arts, engineering, technology, or science from a recognised university (or similar institution) (Taught 180 points)
Programme-specific entry requirements for postgraduate applicants with international qualifications:
- GPE: 5
- Australia (%): Credit average
- China (%): 985/211: 75-80% or Non985/211: 80-85%
- India (%): First Class
- Indonesia (GPA): 3.0
- Iran (Grade Average): 14.0
- Malaysia (GPA): 3.0
- Singapore (GPA): 3.5
- South Pacific-USP (GPA): 3.0
- Taiwan (%): 75%
- Thailand (GPA): 3.0
- UK (%): 2.1 Honours
- USA (GPA): 3.0
- Vietnam (GPA): 7.0
English language requirements
- IELTS Academic Score: 6.5 with no bands less than 6.0
The MMgt is a 15-month, 180-point programme studied over five quarters. You will study core business courses before selecting from one of four specialisation options in Business, Accounting, International Business, or Marketing. You are able to confirm your choice of specialisation at the end of your second quarter of study.
You will also complete four professional development modules and a course in strategy and a capstone project. These will equip you with the professional skills that you will need to enhance your employability and success in the business world.