About this course
This programme is designed to kick-start careers in international business for students who have undergraduate degrees in a non-business discipline or business degrees in an unrelated field. Students can expect to learn applied knowledge and skills through an experientially-based activities.
Minimum requirements listed here are the likely grades required and do not guarantee entry. The university assesses each application individually and applicants may require a higher grade to be offered a place.
University of Auckland
- Completed a BCom or a non-business degree with a GPA of 5.0 in a relevant discipline such as arts, engineering, technology, or science (Taught 240 points)
Another tertiary institution
- Completed an undergraduate degree or a non-business degree with a GPE of 5.0 in a relevant discipline such as arts, engineering, technology, or science from a recognised university (or similar institution) (Taught 240 points)
Programme-specific entry requirements for postgraduate applicants with international qualifications:
- GPE: 5
- Australia (%): Credit average
- China (%): 985/211: 75-80% or Non985/211: 80-85%
- India (%): First Class
- Indonesia (GPA): 3.0
- Iran (Grade Average): 14.0
- Malaysia (GPA): 3.0
- Singapore (GPA): 3.5
- South Pacific-USP (GPA): 3.0
- Taiwan (%): 75%
- Thailand (GPA): 3.0
- UK (%): 2.1 Honours
- USA (GPA): 3.0
- Vietnam (GPA): 7.0
English language requirements
- IELTS Academic Score: 6.5 with no bands less than 6.0
The Master of International Business is an 18-month, 240-point programme studied over six quarters.
You will study core business courses in managing people, economics, financial reporting and business analytics before continuing on to specialist international business courses and a consultancy project.
You will also complete four professional development modules as an important component of your degree. These will equip you with the professional skills that you will need to enhance your employability and success in the business world.