Total tuition fee (local)
Total tuition fee (foreign)
- If you completed your secondary schooling, or have started/completed tertiary study, outside New Zealand and wish to study an undergraduate level programme at the University of Auckland, you must have your overseas qualification(s) approved for University admission.
- IELTS Overall score of 6.0 and all bands 5.5 or better
- Internet-based TOEFL Overall score of 80 plus a written score of 21
- In this programme, you will integrate mind, body and spirit by learning in, through and about dance.
- Learning in dance use dance itself as the medium for exploring and thinking, creating, communicating and interpreting ideas, designs and research questions.
- Learning through dance develop lifelong skills such as problem-solving, communication, presentation, self-confidence, teamwork, leadership and research.
- Learning about dance explore different dance forms and functions past and present, in New Zealand and internationally.
- Courses cover:
- choreography and contemporary dance
- dance history and analysis
- ballet theory and practice
- dance education
- dance kinesiology
- kaupapa hou and kapa haka
- Pacific music and dance
- plus two General Education courses.
- advance your dance techniques and skills
- develop your knowledge of dance in different cultural contexts
- take additional courses from Music, Arts or other subject areas to suit your interests.