Tuition fee (local)
Information not available
Tuition fee (foreign)
- Entry is open to degree graduates who have graduated successfully from a bachelor degree programme or can demonstrate equivalent, relevant, practical professional or educational experience in a related discipline.
- Applicants whose first language is not English, or who come from a country where the language of instruction in schools is not English, must provide evidence of having successfully completed English instruction to a level deemed appropriate by the head of faculty. Evidence may include official transcripts and/or recognised English test results, such as IELTS and TOEFL.
- IELTS 6.0, minimum 5.5 in all bands
- The head of faculty will determine the maximum number of students permitted to enrol in the programme. All enrolments in the Graduate Diploma in Digital Media (Digital Filmmaking) are approved at the discretion of the Programme Manager in consultation with the Head of Faculty and teaching staff, as required.
- Portfolio One: examples of films online e.g. a playlist or collection on Youtube or Vimeo. This should showcase the applicant’s skills and experience in filming and editing regardless of whether a documentary, scripted or experimental approach is utilised.
- Portfolio Two: Students should also submit at least 10 examples of photographic work that illustrates their photographic skills. We will be looking at both the technical and artistic ability in the photographs, everything from exposure through to composition of the submitted images.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Prior Learning: This course is designed for applicants who have already worked in the industry and need to hone their skills or already have a degree in a related field (fine arts, graphic design, film, 2D animation, gaming etc).
- Statement: hand written statement X 1 A4 page (outlining your interests and goals within the programme e.g. why are you choosing film as a career).
- Referees: two specific references/testimonials from previous employers/lecturers who know you well and are able to recommend you for postgraduate study. Please include contact details.
- Interview: a time will be arranged for you to meet with the programme manager or appropriate staff member following the assessment of your application.
- Established Skills, Motivation & Passion: We are looking for a high level of skill, competency and motivation. Applicants must be proficient at self-driven research and analysis. This is a very intensive year suited to those who are committed to excelling in this exciting industry.
- Audio Techniques
- Screenwriting II
- Film Theory and Criticism
- Motion Graphics and Compositing
- Pre-production Techniques
- Digital Video Project