About this course
Graduates can use industry standard animation software to create an animated film project. They can apply knowledge and skills associated with character animation and, depending on elective choices made, motion graphics and compositing, animation and interaction and audio techniques. This programme leads graduates to further study or employment in the digital media sector. The specific aims of this programme are:
- To provide a programme with a specialist discipline area that will promote and enhance the knowledge base, skills, and professionalism of creative media and digital film students.
- To produce dedicated, professional practitioners who hold a qualification which is highly regarded by employers.
- To prepare students for life-long learning, with the desire to constantly update their knowledge and skills within a changing work environment.
- To stimulate students to develop an inquiring and analytical approach to problems and issues, and to encourage independent judgment and creative thinking.
- To promote a wider understanding and appreciation of creative media and digital film.
- Entry is open to degree graduates who have graduated successfully from a Bachelor degree programme or can demonstrate equivalent, relevant, practical professional or educational experience in a related discipline.
- Complete Certificate or Diploma at level 6 or 7 Degree
- IELTS Score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5
- Portfolio One: examples of free-hand drawing (x20 A3).
- Portfolio Two: a digital portfolio/showreel showcasing digital storytelling skills.
- Statement: typed, double spaced statement X 2 A4 pages (outlining your interests and goals within the programme e.g. why are you choosing animation as a career).
- Prior Learning: This course is designed for applicants who have already worked in the industry and need to hone their skills or already have a degree in a related field (fine arts, graphic design, film, 2D animation, gaming etc).
- Curriculum Vitae
- References: two specific references/testimonials from previous employers/lecturers who know you well and are able to recommend you for postgraduate study. Please include contact details.
- Interview: a time will be arranged for you to meet with the programme manager or appropriate staff member following the assessment of your application.
- Established Skills, Motivation & Passion: We are looking for a high level of skill, competency and motivation. Applicants must be proficient at self-driven research and analysis. This is a very intensive year suited to those who are committed to excelling in this exciting industry.