About this course
The programme will allow students to:
- Gain skills and knowledge that are directly relevant to working or further training in the sport, exercise science and recreation sector.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills to standards recognised by the industry sector as appropriate.
- Develop work habits and practice appropriate for further training and employment in the sport, exercise science and recreation sector.
Depending upon choice of electives, graduates can: provide advice and education to the public on healthy eating habits and exercise; perform fitness assessments and develop exercise programmes; plan, manage and evaluate leisure and recreation events as well as teach and coach selected sports such as rugby, tennis, hockey, golf or a sport of choice. Employment opportunities may be found in sports and fitness centers, as fitness trainers, sports coaches, small business owners of fitness centers or as outdoor recreation leadership assistants.
NCEA Level 3
- Three subjects at Level 3 or above made up of 14 credits each, in three approved subjects
- Literacy, 10 credits at Level 2 or above made up of 5 credits in reading and 5 credits in writing
- IELTS Score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5