Tuition fee (local)
Information not available
Tuition fee (foreign)
- Students are preferred to be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- All applicants should demonstrate a keen interest in professional cookery and have academic attributes which indicate they have a reasonable likelihood of successful completion of the programme.
- Applicants must be prepared to meet the work ethic required for a career in the hospitality industry.
- Applicants must have a high level of personal presentation.
- School leavers should have a minimum of 12 credits at NCEA Level 1 Numeracy and 12 credits at NCEA Level 1 Literacy.
- Mature students are welcome to apply.
- Completed Certificate or Diploma at Level 5
- IELTS Score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5
- Prepare and cook complex meat dishes in a commercial kitchen
- Prepare and cook complex fish dishes in a commercial kitchen
- Prepare and cook complex poultry dishes in a commercial kitchen
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic nutrition in commercial catering
- Work in a food business under a food safety programme
- Analyse and present an international cuisine in the hospitality industry
- Prepare and produce complex hot and cold desserts in a commercial kitchen
- Prepare and cook complex pastry dishes in a commercial kitchen
- Deliver an oral presentation to an audience
- Investigate and present a culinary production system topic in the hospitality industry
- Lead a group/team to achieve an objective with some complexity
- Research methods
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate a menu in the hospitality industry
- Wine and food matching
- Investigate and present a culinary product topic in the hospitality industry
- Food preparation and cookery
- Professional chef practice