Application and selection criteria for the Diploma in Information Technology Level 6 are as follows:
- Applicants should have successfully completed the Southern Institute of Technology Diploma in Information Technology Level 5 programme or possess equivalent knowledge and skills, or;
- Have completed an external or overseas qualification which is considered to be the equivalent of the above qualification, as approved by the head of faculty.
- Applicants who have successfully completed courses from any equivalent level programmes may be admitted to the Diploma in Information Technology Level 6 programme through cross credit processes.
- Applicants who have relevant experience in the information technology industry may seek admission to the Diploma in Information Technology Level 6 programme through a Recognition of Prior Learning process. Their experience will be taken into account for the purpose of admission. Where such applicants gain admission, credit may be given for experience relevant to the learning outcomes of particular modules.
Part time Admission
- Applicants may apply for part time admission, providing they meet the above requirements.
Applicants whose first language is not English or who come from a country where the language of instruction in schools is not English must provide evidence of having successfully completed English instruction in accordance with NZQA guidelines below
- IELTS test: Score of 6 with no band score lower than 5
- TOEFL Paper based test pBT: Score of 550 with an essay score of 5 TWE
- TOEFL Internet based test iBT: Score of 79 or higher with a writing score of 20
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations: FCE or CAE with a score of 47 or higher
- NZCEL: Level 4 with the Academic endorsement
- System Analysis and Design
- Object Oriented Databases
- Data Models and Databases
- Project Management
- Fundamentals of Web Development
- Data Communications and Networks
- Applied Computing
- Game Development