About this course
This 18 month programme prepares students to apply for registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand as an Enrolled Nurse. Students gain knowledge and skills in nursing, social science, and structure and function of the human body. They will learn skills in simulated learning environments which they then apply on placements in clinical practice. During the programme students will undertake a range of clinical courses in different health care settings including rehabilitation, acute care and mental health.
Graduates of the Diploma in Enrolled Nursing are able to deliver nursing care and health education across the lifespan of health consumers in a variety of health care settings under the direction and delegation of a registered nurse. Graduates of this programme (who additionally meet Nursing Council of New Zealand requirements) will be competent to practise as a beginning level Enrolled Nurse in a variety of health care settings under the direction and delegation of a Registered Nurse. Graduates will work within the scope of practice of an Enrolled Nurse and be able to:
- Safely apply knowledge and skills to deliver patient / client care across a range of health care settings.
- Competently assess health status and perform appropriate interventions in a manner that supports best health outcomes for clients.
- Establish, maintain and conclude therapeutic, interpersonal relationships.
- Work collaboratively and communicate in oral, written and electronic mediums relevant to the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Apply professional judgement, accountability and responsibility in ensuring that nursing practice and conduct meets professional, ethical and legal requirements and standards.
- Practise in a manner that is culturally safe and promotes health, autonomy, self determination and quality of life.
- Be responsible for own ongoing professional development to maintain competence.
- 12 credits in NCEA English Level 1, 12 credits in NCEA Mathematics (or Pangarau) Level 1 and 36 credits NCEA Level 2 or equivalent.
- If English is not the first language applicants are also required to provide evidence of achieving IELTS 6.5 Academic English in all bands, or equivalent.
Let's see what you may also consider
Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)New Zealand
Toi Ohomai Institute of TechnologyNew Zealand