About this course
The programme will allow students to gain skills and knowledge that are directly relevant to working or further education in the commerce sector, demonstrate knowledge and skills to standards recognized by the commerce sector as appropriate, and develop work habits and practices appropriate for further education and employment in the commerce sector. Graduates can demonstrate knowledge of, and apply skills to operate within the commerce sector, especially in the areas of accounts, marketing, administration, business, human resource management, and operations and production management.
- A minimum of 42 credits at Level 3 or higher on the National Qualifications Framework, including a minimum of 14 credits at Level 3 or higher in each of two subjects from the approved subject list, with a further 14 credits at Level 3 or higher taken from no more than two additional domains on the National Qualifications Framework or approved subjects.
- A minimum of 14 credits at Level 1 or higher in Mathematics.
- A minimum of eight credits at Level 2 or higher in English or Te Reo Māori of which four credits must be in Reading and four credits must be in Writing.
- Mature applicants who are at least 20 years of age when the programme begins and can provide evidence of aptitude or appropriate work or other experience, or completion of an external or overseas qualification.
- IELTS score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5