Tuition fee (local)
Contact the university / college
Tuition fee (foreign)
- Students under the age of 20 years must have either a minimum of 14 credits at Level 1 or higher in mathematics or Pangarau on the National Qualifications Framework, and 50 credits at Level 2 or above with at least 12 credits in each of three subjects including a minimum of eight literacy credits at Level 2 or higher in English or Te Reo Māori, of which four credits must be in Reading and four credits must be in Writing.
- Mature entry applicants will have achieved the age of 20 by March 1 of the first year of enrolment in the programme, and have provided evidence of relevant prior learning and experience.
- Applicants whose first language is not English, or who come from a country where the language of instruction in schools is not English, must provide evidence of having successfully completed English instruction to a level deemed appropriate by the head of faculty. Evidence may include official transcripts and/or recognised English test results, such as IELTS and TOEFL.
- Portfolio: examples of free-hand drawing (x10 A3).
- Elective portfolio/show reel: examples (images) of your latest artwork, (anything from painting to animation). We also look for potential in drawing and the ability to adapt between traditional methods and computer based work.
- Prior Learning: evidence of prior learning e.g. academic transcripts.
- Statement: hand written statement X 1 A4 page (outlining your interests and goals within the programme e.g. why are you choosing animation as a career?).
- Referees: contact details for two people who know you well e.g. teacher or employer.
- Interview: a time will be arranged for you to meet with the programme manager or appropriate staff member following the assessment of your application.
- Innovation and Imagination: We are also looking for maturity, originality and the ability to develop interesting and engaging storytelling.
- Professional Practices 1
- Film and Animation Theory and History
- Introduction to Academic Skills
- Introduction to Animation and Interaction Students
- Storyboarding for Animation
- Principles of Animation
- 2D Animation and Interaction
- Drawing I
Year 2 Core Papers
- Audio Techniques
- Animation History
- 3D Animation
- 3D Character AnimationMotion Graphics and Compositing
- 2D/3D VisualisationDrawing II
- Research and Statistics