About this course
Students will go through onto this guided research program to further develop their undergraduate skills, knowledge and experience based on their chosen field. This program creates a systematic and professionally exhibited body of work by written text as a support which demonstrates contemporary relevance. If students wish to further their study, Otago Polytechnic offers a Master of Visual Arts or Master of Fine Arts as the perfect next step.
- You must have completed a Bachelor of Visual Arts (level 7) OR equivalent qualification at a bachelor's level, OR any other undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Exceptional applicants not meeting the entry requirements but with appropriate documented professional experience may also be considered.
- You must submit an annotated portfolio, curriculum vitae and a project proposal. The portfolio must be no larger than 15MB.
- Selection for admission includes an interview.
- If you do not hold the above qualifications, you must demonstrate appropriate ability through a portfolio and associated writings which will be approved by the Postgraduate Admissions Committee.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure they meet the entry requirements.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS: overall band score of 6.5 (with no band score less than 6.0).
Let's see what you may also consider
Southern Institute of TechnologyNew Zealand
Unitec Institute of TechnologyNew Zealand