About this course
Students registered for this program will develop their expertise in a particular area of occupational therapy practice and more prepare to apply for positions that are recognised as expert clinical posts, or managerial positions. Later, the certificate may develop whether into Diploma or Master and students can gain confidence to engage in evidence based practice. Furthermore, students can choose whether to move into the Master at the completion of their Postgraduate Certificate or through the Postgraduate Diploma courses conditional on achieving the required academic entry criteria.
- You must hold a Diploma OR Bachelor of Occupational Therapy from a World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) approved programme (OR equivalent), OR a Certificate of Registration (New Zealand).
- If you hold a Diploma or Certificate of Registration, you must also provide evidence of commitment to further education and two confidential referees attesting to your ability to manage postgraduate study.
- You must provide evidence of employment as an occupational therapist (Annual Practising Certificate), although this can be waived in certain circumstances.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure they meet the entry requirements.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS: overall band score of 6.5 (with no band score less than 6.5)
Let's see what you may also consider
Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)New Zealand
Unitec Institute of TechnologyNew Zealand