February May July September
Tuition fee (local)
Tuition fee (foreign)
- You must be a registered midwife and hold a bachelor's degree, Postgraduate Certificate in Midwifery Practice, OR equivalent.
- You must have access to the internet.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure they meet the entry requirements.
- New Zealand registered midwives for whom English is a second language are required by the Midwifery Council of New Zealand to have an IELTS score of 7.5.
English Language Requirement
- overall band score of 6.5 in writing and reading, and no less than 7.0 in speaking and listening, with no individual score less than 6.0 (For International Students)
- overall band score of 7.5 (For New Zealand Students)
- HIV in Pregnancy
- Maternal Obesity
- Preceptorship for Midwives
- Hypertension in Pregnancy
- Midwifery Practice in Tertiary Maternity Settings (complex care)
- Evidence-Informed Practice
- Sexually-Transmitted and Other Infections of the Reproductive Tract in Pregnancy
- Nutrition for the Childbearing Woman
- Promoting Normal Birth
- Global Midwifery and Safe Motherhood
- Knowledge and Theory in Midwifery
- Research Methods in Midwifery Practice