February May July September
Total tuition fee (local)
Total tuition fee (foreign)
- You must be a registered midwife and hold a bachelor's degree OR have relevant equivalent skills and knowledge acquired through appropriate work or professional experience.
- You must have access to the internet.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure they meet the entry requirements.
English Language Requirement
- New Zealand registered midwives for whom English is a second language are required by the Midwifery Council of New Zealand to have an IELTS score of 7.5.
- International midwifery students who are not registered in New Zealand will require an IELTS (or equivalent) overall band score of 6.5 in writing and reading, and no less than 7.0 in speaking and listening, with no individual score less than 6.0.
- HIV in Pregnancy
- Maternal Obesity
- Preceptorship for Midwives
- Hypertension in Pregnancy
- Midwifery Practice in Tertiary Maternity Settings (complex care)
- Evidence-Informed Practice
- Sexually-Transmitted and Other Infections of the Reproductive Tract in Pregnancy
- Nutrition for the Childbearing Woman
- Promoting Normal Birth
- Global Midwifery and Safe Motherhood
- Knowledge and Theory in Midwifery
- Research Methods in Midwifery Practice