About this course
The business world plays host to an exciting variety of specialist fields and there are always opportunities for smart, motivated individuals to plan and develop new enterprises. Your broad expertise in the field of management will be sought after to help businesses grow and prosper. This qualification could allow you to work your way up to senior management level or even operate your own business. Learn skills in accounting, business communication, business law, management and marketing. You then have the option to tailor your management expertise to a career of interest, such as human resource management, accounting, marketing or general management. Benefit from the guidance and support of highly experienced staff whose main focus is on providing you with industry-relevant skills that you can apply directly to the business environment.
Achievement of specified New Zealand Diploma in Business papers can lead to qualifications endorsed by the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants or the New Zealand Institute of Management.
- If you are under 20, you must have
- 50 NCEA credits at Level 2 or higher with at least 12 credits in each of three subjects inlcuding a minimum of 8 literacy credits at Level 2 or higher in English or te reo M¯aori; of which 4 credits must be in reading and writing
- 14 NCEA credits at Level 1 or higher in mathematics/p¯angarau
- 8 NCEA literary credits at Level 2 or higher in English or te reo M¯aori (4 credits in reading and 4 in writing)
- OR equivalent.
- If you are over 20, you must have equivalent life/work experience or New Zealand University Entrance.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure you meet diploma-level entry requirements.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS overall band score (academic) of 6.0, with no less than 6.0 in writing and speaking, and no less than 5.5 in reading and listening.