About this course
This certificate will equip students with the technical knowledge and skills required of a technician quantity surveyor currently and they could seek employment working for a construction or property company, as a building supporter or consultant after successfully completing the program.
- You must have four years of secondary school education, or equivalent.
- You have 35 NCEA credits at Level 2 or higher in subjects such as mathematics, physics, English and chemistry
- OR a New Zealand Trade Certificate in Carpentry
- OR a National Certificate in Carpentry
- OR equivalent qualifications/experience.
- You have an understanding of the industry (visiting a construction company or quantity surveying practice, for example).
- You have a strong interest in quantity surveying and the building industry
- Computing experience.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure they meet diploma-level entry requirements, and the equivalent of Year 12 mathematics, physics and chemistry would be an advantage.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS: overall band score of 6.0, with no less than 6.0 in writing and speaking, and no less than 5.5 in reading and listening.
Let's see what you may also consider
Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)New Zealand