About this course
This program will help students to develop a solid technical understanding regarding construction, site management techniques, measuring, estimation and communication skills. Also, they will be able to gain valuable insight into the profession by working through problems taken from real-life scenarios.
- You must have four years of secondary school education, or equivalent.
- You have 35 NCEA credits at Level 2 or higher in subjects such as mathematics, physics, English and chemistry
- OR a New Zealand Trade Certificate in Carpentry
- OR a National Certificate in Carpentry
- OR equivalent qualifications/experience.
- You have an understanding of the industry (visiting a construction company or quantity surveying practice is recommended).
- You have a strong interest in construction management and the building industry
- Computing experience.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure they meet diploma-level entry requirements, and the equivalent of Year 12 mathematics, physics and chemistry would be an advantage.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS: overall band score of 6.0, with no less than 6.0 in writing, and no less than 5.5 in reading and listening.
Let's see what you may also consider
Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)New Zealand