About this course
Students may progress further as an arts practitioner or expand their employment potential with this Master degree programme. This programme is shaped by students’ proposal and culminates in a public exhibition and dissertation that will reflect their knowledge and competence. Moreover, students from this programme will acquire the necessary qualification for a career in tertiary teaching, writing or critiquing, museum or gallery curatorship, or creative work in art studios.
- You must hold a recognised bachelor's degree in fine arts OR an equivalent four year programme with at least a B grade average. Three year undergraduate degrees may be considered but you must have achieved an A pass average in the major subject.
- You must submit an annotated portfolio, curriculum vitae and a research proposal, including an annotated bibliography. The portfolio must be no larger than 15MB.
- Selection for admission includes an interview.
- If you do not hold the above qualifications, you must demonstrate appropriate ability through a current portfolio and a related project proposal which will be approved by the Master of Fine Arts Admissions Committee.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure they meet the entry requirements.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS: overall band score of 6.5 (with no band score less than 6.0).