About this course
This program will strengthen and develop students’ skills in the technical, professional, instructional and leadership aspects of a range of outdoor. This program will focus on practical learning, self-evaluation, goal setting and industry experience that will enhance students’ ability in order to obtain employment in different areas (guiding/instructing positions) in both nationally and internationally. Once this program is successfully completed, students can consider furthering their study with Otago’s Bachelor of Applied Science (Physical Activity, Healthand Wellness).
- You must submit a logbook showing at least 30 hours of relevant outdoor recreation experience.
- We prefer that you have 48 NCEA credits at Level 2, including 8 credits at Level 2 in an English-rich subject OR equivalent qualifications/experience.
- We prefer that you have a current First Aid Certificate.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure they meet diploma-level entry requirements.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS: overall band score of 6.0 (with no band score less than 6.0).
Let's see what you may also consider