About this course
This program will let students to develop their skills in Avalanche Safety which will enable them to plan and manage Avalanche Safety programs and incorporates with NZSMC Avalanche Safety 2 (a type of prerequisite for most industry management roles). Also, students will be able to apply their knowledge in snow science to ensure that people and assets in alpine areas are safe especially in avalanche-prone areas.
- NZMSC Avalanche Safety - Stage 1 (you must supply evidence of having completed this course if you didn't complete it at Otago Polytechnic).
- You must submit a health and safety declaration.
- You must have access to the internet.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure they meet diploma-level entry requirements.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS: overall band score of 6.0, with no less than 6.0 in writing and speaking, and no less than 5.5 in all other bands.
Let's see what you may also consider