About this course
This certificate focuses on the skills required to be an architectural technician soon such as providing assistance in the process of producing design, presentation and contract drawings, seeking client approval, obtaining building consents and enable the construction process to progress smoothly. Students will also complete the National Diploma in Architectural Technology (Level 6) as part of this program in Otago Polytechnic.
- You must have four years of secondary school education, or equivalent.
- You have 35 NCEA credits at Level 2 or higher in subjects such as mathematics, physics, English and chemistry
- OR a New Zealand Trade Certificate in Carpentry
- OR a National Certificate in Carpentry
- OR equivalent qualifications/experience.
- You have an understanding of the industry (visiting an architectural practice, for example).
- You have a strong interest in architectural draughting and the building industry
- Computing experience.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure they meet the entry requirements.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS: overall band score of 6.0, with no less than 6.0 in writing and speaking, and no less than 5.5 in reading and listening.
Let's see what you may also consider
Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)New Zealand