Total tuition fee (local)
Total tuition fee (foreign)
- You must be a reasonably confident intermediate skier/boarder on a variety of terrain and snow conditions.
- You must submit a detailed log book of your riding experience over at least a two-year period.
- You must submit a health & safety declaration.
- You must submit a referee's report.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure they have an acceptable level of secondary school achievement.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS: overall band score of 5.5, with no less than 6.0 in writing, and no less than 5.5 in all other bands.
- Assess and manage an emergency care situation during an outdoor recreation activity
- Navigate in good visibility on land
- Navigate in poor visibility on land
- Manage risk for an outdoor activity
- Communicate in the outdoors using a two-way radio
- Instruct beginner Snowsport
- Manage first aid in emergency situations
- Record and communicate avalanche and weather observations
- Contribute to the avalanche stability assessment for a snow safety programme
- Demonstrate knowledge of snow formation, snowpack structure and snow metamorphism
- Demonstrate basic maintenance of Snowsport equipment
- Demonstrate basic movement skills and the use of ice axe and crampons
- Demonstrate knowledge of avalanche phenomena
- Assist on an avalanche response
- Demonstrate own party avalanche rescue
- Apply knowledge of weather to analyse and forecast conditions for an outdoor recreation activity
- Demonstrate use of avalanche transceivers, shovels and probes
- Identify strategies to minimise risk to self and others when planning a backcountry mountain trip
- Provide first aid for life threatening condition
- Demonstrate knowledge of common first aid conditions and how to respond to them
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety and accident procedures relevant for teaching in a Snowsport school
- Demonstrate understanding of communication and customer service skills for Snowsport instruction
- Reflecting on managing risk
- Decision making for backcountry travel
- Alpine ski downhill on intermediate terrain
- Alpine ski downhill on advanced terrain
- Alpine ski downhill off-piste
- Snowboard on intermediate terrain
- Snowboard off-piste at a Snowsport area
- Snowboard on advanced terrain at a Snowsport area
- Exam - MSC Avalanche Safety Stage 1
- Exam Fee - Alpine Level One Certification
- Exam Fee - Snowboard Level One Certification
- Exam Fee - Snowboard Level Two Certification
- Exam Fee - Alpine Level Two Certification
- Exam Fee - Children's Teaching Certification